• Patented Ground-Noise Dissipation System yields lower distortion and greater resolution from audio, video, and digital components with grounded AC cords/circuits
• Transient Power Correction provides power amplifiers a current reservoir of over 55 amps peak (up to 25mS), even when plugged into a 15-amp outlet
• Level-X Linear Noise-Dissipation Technology: AC differential-mode filtering with linear response, optimized for varying line and load impedance, assures superior resolution for audio, video, and digital signals
• AQ-Formed AC RF Filtering Capacitors vastly improve linearity and minimize distortions, while dissipating AC line and radio-coupled noise
• Direction-Controlled Ultra-Low-Resistance Solid Wiring and Filter Inductors are optimized for the highest efficiency noise-dissipation of harmful distortion-causing radio frequencies
• 7 Low-Z NRG Series AC Power outlets: 2 High-Current Low-Z Power; 5 Level-X Linear Filtered Power (source components) Outlets feature thick direct-silver plating over beryllium copper. This assures the most efficient dissipation of induced radio frequency noise possible.
• Non-Sacrificial Surge Protection withstands multiple AC surges and spikes up to 6000V/3000A
• Over-Voltage Shutdown with Automatic Reset provides immediate shutdown at approximately 17% above optimal AC input levels, until the incoming AC voltage returns to a safe range
Transverse-Mode Noise Dissipation: well in excess of 24dB from 6kHz to 1GHz, linearized for dynamic (rising) line impedance with frequency (source) and 10- to 50-ohm load, system current dependent.
Input Current Maximum Capacity: 15 amps RMS (total).
7 AC Ground-Noise Dissipated Outlets in 3 Isolated Groups:
• 2 High-Current/Transient Power Correction outlets for on-demand current to variable-current equipment (amplifiers).
• 3 Level-X Linear Filtered AC outlets (outlets 3 through 5).
• 2 Level-X Linear Filtered AC outlets (outlets 6 and 7).
Dimensions: 17.5" W x 3.45" H x 15.2" D (2-RU rack-mounting ears are provided)
Weight: 24.9 lbs.
AudioQuest expands your capability to stop noise contamination and current compression with the Niagara 3000. Like all AQ power products, Niagara 3000 showcases a comprehensive approach to AC power management—one grounded in verifiable science, representing over 20 years of exhaustive research into AC power.
The 3000 incorporates almost all of the sonically effective technology that distinguishes the award-winning Niagara Series—AQ’s patented AC Ground-Noise Dissipation System, Transient Power Correction, extremely wide-bandwidth Level-X linear filtering, and more—but at a more accessible price.
So, what distinguishes Niagara 3000 from Niagaras 7000 and 5000?
With rack-friendly dimensions (17.5” W x 3.45” H x 15.2” D; 24.9lbs) and 2-RU rack ears (included), the smaller Niagara 3000 is a very high-performance, cost-effective option for two-channel and custom-install applications. It forgoes the 7000’s patented dielectric-biased symmetrical power isolation transformers; and, rather than the 90 amps peak current reserve available in the 5000 and 7000, the 3000 provides power amplifiers a current reservoir of over 55 amps peak (up to 25mS).
Finally, with a current capacity of 15 amps (RMS), the Niagara 3000 features two High-Current outlets and five Level-X linear filtered source AC outlets, whereas the larger Niagaras 5000 and 7000 offer four High-Current outlets and eight Level-X ultra-linear filtered outlets.